Thursday, June 15, 2006

I am back...but what drama...

The flight to Hangzhou was to be 2 hrs. Flight didn't leave till 3 hrs past the take-off time.

In Hangzhou airport, I had to put up with a taxi-driver who insisted on a certain price or no go at all. And guess what, I was given no chance to protest when he decided to pick yet another passenger five minutes after we left the airport. And mind you, it was late at nite.

And from Nanjing back to Beijing. Aha. I was at the airport at 2 pm. Flight was supposed to be at 3:30 pm and guess what? I was finally ushered onto the plane at 5 pm. Hurray. But guess what? We were herded out an hour and a half later! YES. Booted out of the plane!!! Back to the airport. Flight didn't take off till 8 pm. But turbulence was so so bad that the flight saw me tearing. I was scared shit. What the hell am I doing in China? What the hell am I doing up in the air?

But but but...it was a good trip. I enjoyed the training I conducted. I have done it so many times I hardly prepared for this round and well, it turned out better than I have expected. My teaching course in Prague definitely helped. And I enjoyed my weekend shopping spree in Shanghai, screaming with the teens at JJ's concert and of course meeting good ole Cal again.

Don't sweat the big stuff.

No comments: