Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Once Upon a Time...

I was reading The Straits Times and I came across an article on how a said government agency was embarking on a rather uphill task of revitalising Chinatown.

Bingo. I love Chinatown. I speak Cantonese. I am good with old folks. And the thought of leaving behind a legacy (of sorts...for me at least) for generations to come (alas...none would be mine)...SO my cup of tea.

I applied directly to the division-in-charge of this mega project and managed to convince the 'gar-ment' people of my great love and great capability. I got the job.

Apart from TCS, this was my next most fulfilling job.

Chinatown Business Association, the street signs, the street lamps, the storyboards, the bollards, the directional signs...they hold a special position in my heart.

No comments: