Friday, April 18, 2008

I don't believe in Scandals

Recently I was asked to confirm a rumour. Whether or not these two friends were seeing each other and how one has left to join the other because of some scandelous situation bla bla bla. I was asked coz I happened to know one of them rather well. Apparently the person who started the rumour made it sound so real; with side stories and all.

Apart from having a good laugh together with the person in question, I was reminded of a similar situation that happened to me. I was the lead actress. Poohahahahha.

I was caught in a guy's room in the middle of the nite, 3 am to be exact, during my hostel days. Very common scenario really but we were unfortunately 'singled' out. It was bad. We had to face a disciplinary board of directors and I was asked the silly question of whether or not I was pinched by the 'actor'. Innocent me didn't understand why the question was posed till much later and after much analysis. The board of directors had wanted to know why OUCH was heard from the actor's room. If I had said yes to the question, we would have been 'saved'. Saved from 1) 2 weeks suspension, 2) S$300 penalty. But I was honest and said No.

For the record, I had let out an OUCH because I kicked something in the dark. His bed probably. KICKED I said. His Bed, yes. But I didn't say I was ON his bed.

Anyways.

Then I went back to my faculty and a friend came up to me excitedly. She went,"Did you hear about what happened in your hostel?". I shook my head. She went,"A couple was caught making out in the guy's room. The girl was moaning and groaning apparently and the block master (usually a lecturer/professor and his/her family would stay in each block)'s daughter was awakened by the noise. She was so scared that she cried and hence the couple was found out!".

I looked at her and said,"There was no moaning and groaning. There were laughters though. I know coz I was there. I was the girl in the room.".

There was NO moaning and NO groaning. For the record, we were not doing anything. I was in his room and laughing at 3 am because I just finished my assignment and it was TGIF and we were talking crap.

This guy whom yes, I was seeing then, went on to do badly for his law exams and ended up with a second lower. We often joked that he can never go into politics. Just in case his past or this past would creep up. I imagined my face in the New Paper. Not the coolest way to make the headlines.

By the way, the Head Master of the hostel who was in the disciplinary board went on to become a Minister. Wonder how he feels if he were to see us again. He, the actor is now a public prosecutor and moi, the actress, is now a serious (ahem) civil servant.

Scandals. SEX in Scandals. Don't believe in them.

No comments: