Monday, January 01, 2007

In "Like" with Someone

Its been such a long time. What do you do when you find yourself liking someone? Someone you meet once in a while. Someone who knows you exist but yet both of you are just acquaintances.

At times like this, I wish I were a guy. A guy could just call up the girl and you know the rest of the story. Yes, I can do the same. But it would be different.

This is once again a quiet and deep guy. Doesn’t seem an easy person to be with but I am curious about him. I am interested to know all about him.

It’s been a long time. I no longer remember how it feels to be in ‘like’ again. Maybe I will live in solitude for the rest of my life. Seems to be heading that way. Everyone thinks so. I think so. He probably thinks so too...about himself that is.

Generation before X, Y & Z.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it dear. As a guy, I must say I always feel flattered when a gal makes the first move. We are not living in the Victorian days or ancient times where gals are supposed to be demure, quiet, subtle and keep their feelings to themselves.

Depending on the personality of the guy, drop certain hints, or ask a friend to test and ask questions. Your friend can say "Hey, you know this gal we meet during lunch hour, I think she is lovely...." and gauge his response.

So what if he says "no"? We can still live on with our life and get over it.

Opportunities seldom knock twice. Years down the road as you are sitting on a rocking chair and looking out of the window, you would be asking yourself "What if I have made the first move?"; "What if......I should have...."

And that is precisely why we should live in the present moment and seize what we want in life.

Life is about choices. There is no right or wrong, just whether the decision made is appropriate.

noz said...

sayang go for it .. what have you got to lose?

Don't live with "what Ifs"